Dec 072016
 

MELBOURNE: Australia all-rounder Mitchell Marsh said his return to form in Canberra would not be enough to earn a recall for the Test series against Pakistan. Marsh clubbed an impressive 76 not out from 40 balls in the second ODI against New Zealand on Tuesday as Steve Smith’s side scored 378 for five. They then dismissed the visitors for 262 in 47.2 overs to take a 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Despite this, Marsh felt a recall for the Test series against Pakistan is unlikely. “I’m not in a rush to get back in the Test side,” said the 25-year-old, who was dropped from the side after scoring 0 and 26 in the first Test match against South Africa in Perth last month. “But I know that I’ve got to score runs to get back, so that’s all I want to do.” We will have to be at our best to overcome Pakistan, says Steve Smith The innings at Manuka Oval showcased how dangerous he could be as he belted seven sixes, including three in the final over from Matt Henry, and he felt an aggressive approach may help him in future. “When you’re not scoring runs, you tend to try play with things in the nets to try and make something work,” he said. “I think in red ball cricket, over the last couple of years, I probably haven’t played my natural game. “For me, I’m a hitter of the cricket ball. Probably over the next few months, I’m [Read More…]