May 312015
 
LAHORE: 

Police said three workers hailing from the same family had died from an electric shock at a construction site late on Saturday in Shalimar area.

Officials said Bashir, Naseer and their nephew Ahmad Nawaz were at the site when a steel rod from the shuttering fell on live electricity wires and an electric current ran through the structure. Police said the workers had died on the spot from the electric shock. Officials said Rescue-1122 had sent the bodies of the deceased to a mortuary. Police said the bodies had been handed over to the families of the deceased following the completion of formalities.

A official from the Shalimar police station said preliminary investigations had revealed that the deaths were accidental. He said the deceased hailed from Shahdara area.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 1st, 2015. 

The post Hazardous work: Three of a family die from electric shock appeared first on The Express Tribune.

Click for detailed story

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)

*

Get Adobe Flash player